Sunday 23 March 2014

Spring Antics of my Three Little Monkeys

So, it's been a while since I wrote a post, I thought I'd give a quick photo summary of what we've been up to here and some of the antics my little monkeys have got up to so far this month!

There has been some surprisingly long-lasting play involving large cardboard boxes, with the result I now am keeping two as permanent fixtures in the playroom.  I walked in the other evening to find both boys sitting in the boxes with cushions and blankets quietly watching Lilo and Stitch!


In the middle of February, I went down to London and was away six days.  I missed my little monkeys like mad, but I did get to spend some lovely time with my brother and sister who I get to see nowhere near as much as I'd like.  My baby sister is having a bit of a rough time of it, so I thought I'd take her something to cheer her up. She's a big Tangled fan, so I made these for her:


I was surprised they made it all the way down to London in my suitcase, but they made it in one piece!  And this lovely surprise was waiting for me when I got home...



We've been doing a lot of baking here recently.  Shortbread....


Lots of cupcakes...



Banana bread...


And as it was Spring Equinox/Ostara last Thursday, we made an Ostara cake...


Olly and Harry made the chicks and eggs, and Harry cut out the butterflies and flowers.  You can't see, but it is actually a pastel rainbow cake.  I will take a picture, but I haven't got one right now.  I was really happy with how it turned out.  It was only four colours, but I am working up to making a proper rainbow one!

We made some other Ostara crafts as well.  This was Olly's banner, though he did need a bit of help....


And this was Harrys.  All his idea.  I did help him by doing a couple of the eggs myself cause he was running out of time and wanted to finish it before he went to bed....


There has been other making too, little Harry's sculpture he brought home from school...


And the playdough town the boys made together...


And a couple of beautiful hats for Hannah made by my very talented mum!



We'll finish off with some games...a bit of den building for a picnic...


And playing at wheels on the bus.  As you can see, Hannah has the steering wheel and is driving.  I don't think that was intentional, but the boys loved it!


Anyhow, that's it for now.  I'm not feeling very well this weekend, and Hannah has just got her first tooth, with the second one following on behind, so she isn't very happy and not sleeping well, so we'll pop off for a short nap!  See you soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment