Tuesday 17 September 2013

Wet and Windy Sunday

Sunday began very windy and the prediction was that it was going to tip it down all day.  We decided straightaway to have a pyjama day - having a quiet inside day wearing our pyjamas and lounging around not doing a lot for most of the day.  This worked until I found that our dog Saffi had had an accident in the playroom right next to a big set of shelves.  Worried that it would soak into the bottom of the shelves and warp them, I emptied the shelves, and turned the shelves upside down for them to dry out.  Two hours later, I went back in to check the shelves and found that Olly had emptied most of the boxes of toys onto the floor and the playroom was an absolute tip!


So, I kind of started tidying up, which then turned into a major sorting, tidying and cleaning operation and my lazy Sunday disappeared!  Harry was a big help, and we even got all of the bits out of our games and jigsaws sorted out and put back into the right boxes.  Harry then suggested putting labels on the boxes so it would be easier to put things away, so we made some labels as well.  Six hours later and this was the result:



 So lovely and tidy, and all labelled and sorted!  Even the bookcase look tidy, though I'm not sure how long that will last!  There was plenty of space on the floor to get the train set out as well.


Unfortunately, I only got to play trains for a little while as this little lady woke up from her nap and wanted feeding and playing with.


Three hours of ironing, baths, pizza and bedtimes later, my lovely hubby and I settled down to a nice Sunday evening of a naughty Chinese takeaway and a bit of Vera (though I need to watch the end today as I fell asleep!

Hope you all had a lovely Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely start to your blog - and your children are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete